Susan Boyle to make screen acting debut
LONDON (AP) - March 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Susan Boyle is making her big-screen acting debut in a Christmas-themed British period drama.
The Scottish singer appears in "The Christmas Candle," a story of angels and wishes set in an English village in the 1890s.
Boyle's role has not been disclosed. In a statement, Boyle said she was enjoying filming and "everyone on set is a delight to work with."
The movie also stars British actors Lesley Manville, John Hannah and Susan Barks, who recently played Eponine in "Les Miserables." It is due for release later this year.
A shy church volunteer from a small Scottish village, Boyle became a global sensation in 2009 after she performed "I Dreamed a Dream" on the television program "Britain's Got Talent."
She has since sold millions of records around the world.
susan boyle, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 28 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay 5 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China 53 min ago
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
19 min ago