Susan Boyle to make screen acting debut
LONDON (AP) - March 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Susan Boyle is making her big-screen acting debut in a Christmas-themed British period drama.
The Scottish singer appears in "The Christmas Candle," a story of angels and wishes set in an English village in the 1890s.
Boyle's role has not been disclosed. In a statement, Boyle said she was enjoying filming and "everyone on set is a delight to work with."
The movie also stars British actors Lesley Manville, John Hannah and Susan Barks, who recently played Eponine in "Les Miserables." It is due for release later this year.
A shy church volunteer from a small Scottish village, Boyle became a global sensation in 2009 after she performed "I Dreamed a Dream" on the television program "Britain's Got Talent."
She has since sold millions of records around the world.
susan boyle, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy 12 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW Philadelphia 19 min ago
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos