Susan Boyle to make screen acting debut
LONDON (AP) - March 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Susan Boyle is making her big-screen acting debut in a Christmas-themed British period drama.
The Scottish singer appears in "The Christmas Candle," a story of angels and wishes set in an English village in the 1890s.
Boyle's role has not been disclosed. In a statement, Boyle said she was enjoying filming and "everyone on set is a delight to work with."
The movie also stars British actors Lesley Manville, John Hannah and Susan Barks, who recently played Eponine in "Les Miserables." It is due for release later this year.
A shy church volunteer from a small Scottish village, Boyle became a global sensation in 2009 after she performed "I Dreamed a Dream" on the television program "Britain's Got Talent."
She has since sold millions of records around the world.
susan boyle, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd
- Stormy to spectacular 50 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop 22 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos