David Copperfield's plane makes unscheduled stop
PEORIA, Ill. - March 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A private plane carrying magician David Copperfield made an unscheduled stop in Illinois after it made a "frightening" sound en route from Las Vegas to New York.
Peoria International Airport officials say Copperfield's plane landed there after it began experiencing problems around 1:45 a.m. Monday.
The (Peoria) Journal Star reports that Copperfield was supposed to appear live on NBC's Today Show on Monday, but ended up filming the interview remotely from Byerly Aviation in Peoria, 160 miles southwest of Chicago.
The famed illusionist told the Today Show that the plane made crackling noises at 37,000 feet that he recorded on his cellphone. He says he "kind of freaked out." He also Tweeted that the incident was "so scary."
Copperfield took a commercial flight back to Las Vegas this morning.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos