OJ's ex-girlfriend sentenced in ND robbery case
FARGO, N.D. (AP) - March 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- O.J. Simpson's former girlfriend of more than a decade has been sentenced to a four-year suspended prison term in North Dakota for allegedly trying to steal someone's purse.
Christie Prody entered an Alford plea to the felony robbery charge in a Fargo courtroom Monday, meaning she didn't admit guilt but acknowledged there likely was enough evidence to convict her. She also was sentenced to two years of supervised probation.
Prosecutors say Prody tried stealing a woman's purse in November at a mall in Fargo, which neighbors Moorhead, Minn., where she lives.
Prody is accused in a separate case in Minnesota of stealing an elderly couple's painkillers.
Prody and Simpson began dating in 1996 after he was acquitted of killing his ex-wife and her friend in Los Angeles.
north dakota, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 23 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ