OJ's ex-girlfriend sentenced in ND robbery case
FARGO, N.D. (AP) - March 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- O.J. Simpson's former girlfriend of more than a decade has been sentenced to a four-year suspended prison term in North Dakota for allegedly trying to steal someone's purse.
Christie Prody entered an Alford plea to the felony robbery charge in a Fargo courtroom Monday, meaning she didn't admit guilt but acknowledged there likely was enough evidence to convict her. She also was sentenced to two years of supervised probation.
Prosecutors say Prody tried stealing a woman's purse in November at a mall in Fargo, which neighbors Moorhead, Minn., where she lives.
Prody is accused in a separate case in Minnesota of stealing an elderly couple's painkillers.
Prody and Simpson began dating in 1996 after he was acquitted of killing his ex-wife and her friend in Los Angeles.
north dakota, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken 28 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 54 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
28 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
54 min ago