Report: TV star Valerie Harper has brain cancer
NEW YORK (AP) - March 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Valerie Harper, who played Rhoda Morgenstern on television's "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and its spinoff, "Rhoda," has been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer.
People magazine reports on its website Wednesday that the 73-year-old actress received the news on Jan. 15. The report says she has as little as three months to live.
Harper tells the magazine: "I don't think of dying. I think of being here now."
Harper's character, Rhoda, was one of television's most beloved sidekicks during the 1970s.
new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot in Wilmington 23 min ago
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton 11 min ago
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition