Joy Behar leaving 'The View'
LOS ANGELES (AP) - March 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Joy Behar will be enjoying "The View" for only five more months.
The 70-year-old comedian is leaving the ABC daytime talk show at the end of the current season in August. The network said in a statement Thursday that it wishes Behar "all the best in this next chapter, and are thrilled that we have her for the remainder of the season."
Behar has co-hosted the show for 16 seasons. She was among the first co-hosts with co-creator Barbara Walters when the series debuted in 2006. The current panel includes Whoopi Goldberg, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Sherri Shepherd.
In addition to "The View," Behar hosted "The Joy Behar Show" on HLN from 2009 to 2011 and currently hosts "Joy Behar: Say Anything!" on Current TV, which debuted last year.
joy behar, the view, abc, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft 14 min ago
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash 11 min ago
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital 56 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally