Merkerson, Martin re-partner for Marvin Gaye Film
NEW YORK (AP) - March 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- It's not quite a "Law & Order" reunion, but S. Epatha Merkerson will be teaming up again with former co-star Jesse L. Martin.
Merkerson says she's been cast to play Martin's mother in the upcoming Marvin Gaye biopic "Sexual Healing." Her manager Bob McGowan says production begins in Luxembourg in late March.
Merkerson played Lt. Anita Van Buren on "Law & Order" from 1991 until it ended in 2010. Martin played Detective Ed Green from 1999 to 2008.
The film focuses on Gaye in the 1980s when he battled drug abuse and depression.
Merkerson spoke Monday while promoting NBC's drama "Deception," in which she plays the mother of show's lead character Johanna. She's also in the Tyler Perry-produced film comedy "We The Peeples" due out in May.
movies, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes 35 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington 7 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 29 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police