Holmes tells Allure she hopes 2013 is 'peaceful'
NEW YORK (AP) - March 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Katie Holmes doesn't talk about her split from actor Tom Cruise but she does say she hopes this year is better than the last.
The actress tells Allure magazine she wants 2013 to be "a peaceful year for a lot of people."
She goes on to cite some of 2012's major headlines like Hurricane Sandy and the Newtown, Conn., school shooting, adding she hopes "it's a good year for everyone."
The 34-year-old, who has a 6-year-old daughter named Suri with Cruise, does say she's "open" to the idea of expanding her family in the future.
Katie Holmes filed for divorce from Tom Cruise last June after five years of marriage.
Allure's April issue goes on sale nationwide March 26.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend 12 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck, killed on Broad Street
- 4 shot outside Del. club after Meek Mill performance
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist 52 min ago
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila. after-hours club 37 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet 56 min ago
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila....
37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
12 min ago