Holmes tells Allure she hopes 2013 is 'peaceful'
NEW YORK (AP) - March 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Katie Holmes doesn't talk about her split from actor Tom Cruise but she does say she hopes this year is better than the last.
The actress tells Allure magazine she wants 2013 to be "a peaceful year for a lot of people."
She goes on to cite some of 2012's major headlines like Hurricane Sandy and the Newtown, Conn., school shooting, adding she hopes "it's a good year for everyone."
The 34-year-old, who has a 6-year-old daughter named Suri with Cruise, does say she's "open" to the idea of expanding her family in the future.
Katie Holmes filed for divorce from Tom Cruise last June after five years of marriage.
Allure's April issue goes on sale nationwide March 26.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos