Man pleads not guilty in death of Usher's stepson
GAINESVILLE, Ga. (AP) - March 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- An Atlanta man has pleaded not guilty to charges in the boating collision death of music star Usher's 11-year-old stepson.
The Times of Gainesville reports that Jeffrey Simon Hubbard entered the not guilty plea Tuesday to all charges, including first-degree homicide by vessel.
The boy, Kile Glover, was the son of Usher's ex-wife, Tameka Raymond.
Authorities say Kile and his father, Ryan Glover, were vacationing at Lake Lanier when Hubbard crashed a personal watercraft into the boy's raft July 6. Kile died at a hospital July 21.
Hubbard, whose lawyer Jeff Talley entered the plea on his behalf, also pleaded not guilty to charges of reckless operation of a vessel, unlawful operation of a personal watercraft, boat traffic violation and serious injury by vessel.
usher, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Snow today, heavy at times 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq. 59 min ago
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in Norristown
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Snow today, heavy at times
6 min ago
- David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
59 min ago