Atlanta rapper Gucci Mane jailed on assault charge
ATLANTA (AP) - March 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Rapper Gucci Mane was being held in jail on an assault charge after a fan told police the artist smashed a champagne bottle on his head in a downtown Atlanta nightclub.
Fulton County Jail records show that Gucci Mane, whose real name is Radric Davis, was in custody early Wednesday on a charge of aggravated assault with a weapon.
An arrest warrant was issued for the rapper after James Lettley of Fort Hood, Texas, who is a member of the military, told police Davis struck him at Harlem Nights Club on March 16. Lettley said he was hoping to get a picture with the rapper when he was attacked.
It was unclear if Davis has an attorney.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Snow today, heavy at times 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash
- Snow today, heavy at times
39 min ago