Philly arts fest opens with 'time travel' theme
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - March 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- An arts festival has returned to Philadelphia, bringing a month of music, dance, theater, visual arts and family activities all loosely based on the topic of time travel.
The second Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts runs from Thursday through April 27.
The theme of this year's festival is "If You Had a Time Machine." More than 50 events and performances from local, national and international artists are exploring questions related to time travel. Many are looking at historic events in a new way or dreaming about what the future will look like.
The event culminates April 27 with a five-block stretch of Broad Street closed to traffic and transformed into a daylong street fair with food vendors, a Ferris wheel, live music and street performers.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware 31 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 41 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 48 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
41 min ago