'Bachelorette' contestant sentenced for bar fight
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) - March 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Former "Bachelorette" contestant Kasey Kahl will avoid jail time after pleading no contest to battery stemming from a bar fight in California.
Reports say Kahl entered the plea Thursday to a felony count of battery causing bodily injury. An assault count was dismissed.
The 30-year-old Clovis man was sentenced to 180 days of community service.
Kahl was accused of breaking a man's nose during a fight last year in Fresno. His attorney, Gerald Schwab, says his client acted in self-defense.
Kahl was a contestant on the ABC reality TV show "The Bachelorette" in 2010.
bachelorette, fight, california, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 7 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 29 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Temps Soar
21 min ago