'Bachelorette' contestant sentenced for bar fight
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) - March 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Former "Bachelorette" contestant Kasey Kahl will avoid jail time after pleading no contest to battery stemming from a bar fight in California.
Reports say Kahl entered the plea Thursday to a felony count of battery causing bodily injury. An assault count was dismissed.
The 30-year-old Clovis man was sentenced to 180 days of community service.
Kahl was accused of breaking a man's nose during a fight last year in Fresno. His attorney, Gerald Schwab, says his client acted in self-defense.
Kahl was a contestant on the ABC reality TV show "The Bachelorette" in 2010.
bachelorette, fight, california, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos