John, Taupin honored by Songwriters Hall of Fame
NEW YORK (AP) - April 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Elton John and his longtime songwriting partner, Bernie Taupin, will be honored at this year's Songwriters Hall of Fame induction ceremony.
John and Taupin, who teamed on most of the singer's best-known hits, will receive the Johnny Mercer Award during the June 13 ceremony in New York.
A Tuesday news release says the award goes to previous inductees - John and Taupin were inducted in 1992 - whose body of work upholds the standards set by Mercer, a co-founder of Capitol Records.
John and Taupin have teamed on some of rock 'n' roll's most well-known songs, including "Rocket Man," ''Crocodile Rock," ''Daniel" and "Candle in the Wind."
This year's inductees are Steven Tyler and Joe Perry of Aerosmith; Mick Jones and Lou Gramm of Foreigner; Holly Knight; JD Souther; and Tony Hatch.
elton john, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought 14 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills 15 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos