Ebert: Cancer returns, taking 'leave of presence'
CHICAGO (AP) - April 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Film critic Roger Ebert says he has cancer again and is scaling back his movie reviews while undergoing radiation.
In a blog post, the 70-year-old said he'll take a "leave of presence."
The veteran critic has previously battled cancer in his thyroid and salivary glands and lost the ability to speak and eat after surgery.
In a lengthy essay posted late Tuesday, Ebert says the latest cancer was discovered after a "painful fracture" that made it difficult for him to walk. The Pulitzer Prize winner was hospitalized late last year with a hip fracture.
Ebert writes he's "not going away." Instead, he'll write select movie reviews while leaving the rest of the work to a team of writers.
He also plans to spend time writing about his own health challenges.
roger ebert, cancer, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Brisk And Cold 53 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout 17 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar 30 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester
- Sunoco moving to Delco, Citibank leaving Philly
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Brisk And Cold
53 min ago