Rolling Stones announce 9-city tour, will end in Philadelphia
NEW YORK (AP) - April 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Call it satisfaction: The Rolling Stones have announced a nine-city tour.
The veteran rockers said Wednesday their "50 and Counting" tour will kick off in Los Angeles at the Staples Center. The date will be announced later.
The second show is in Oakland, Calif., on May 5. The tour will also visit San Jose, Calif.; Las Vegas; Anaheim, Calif.; Toronto; Chicago; and Boston. The tour ends June 18 in Philadelphia.
Tickets for Oakland, San Jose, Toronto and Chicago go on sale April 8. Ticket sales for the other cities will be announced later.
The band will also headline the Glastonbury Festival on June 29 and will perform at London's Hyde Park on July 6.
Former band mate Mick Taylor, who was a member of the Rolling Stones from 1969 through 1974, will be a special guest throughout the tour.
The foursome celebrated their 50 anniversary late last year, playing five sold-out shows in New York, New Jersey and London. Special guests included Bruce Springsteen, Lady Gaga, the Black Keys and Mary J. Blige.
"We did a few shows in London and New York last year ... and had such a good time that we thought ... let's do some more," Mick Jagger said in a statement. "It's a good show."
"From day one at rehearsals it sounded so fresh. You could tell that everybody was dying to get their teeth into it," Keith Richards said. "... it is the life and blood of us to play in front of people."
The band released a 30-second video early Wednesday featuring Jagger, Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood chatting about getting together again.
Wood says in a video conversation over the computer with his band mates: "Well it's about time kids. I've been waiting for this call."
rolling stones, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 4 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 15 min ago
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
4 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
15 min ago
- Police push burning car in New Hampshire
13 min ago