NYC trial postponed in Alec Baldwin stalking case
NEW YORK (AP) - April 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A New York City trial for a Canadian actress accused of stalking Alec Baldwin has been postponed.
Genevieve Sabourin appeared Monday in a Manhattan court. She rejected a plea deal and hired a new lawyer, so her trial date was postponed until May 13.
Sabourin and Baldwin met on the set of the 2002 sci-fi comedy "The Adventures of Pluto Nash." Baldwin says they had dinner together in 2010.
Authorities say she had implored Baldwin to see and to marry her. They say she sent him emails only days after he became engaged to yoga instructor Hilaria Thomas.
Sabourin later spent a night in jail after she was accused of sending Thomas a Twitter message.
Baldwin and Thomas married and are expecting their first child together.
alec baldwin, stalking, trial, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 43 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery 10 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Police search for suspects in religious...
10 min ago