NYC trial postponed in Alec Baldwin stalking case
NEW YORK (AP) - April 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A New York City trial for a Canadian actress accused of stalking Alec Baldwin has been postponed.
Genevieve Sabourin appeared Monday in a Manhattan court. She rejected a plea deal and hired a new lawyer, so her trial date was postponed until May 13.
Sabourin and Baldwin met on the set of the 2002 sci-fi comedy "The Adventures of Pluto Nash." Baldwin says they had dinner together in 2010.
Authorities say she had implored Baldwin to see and to marry her. They say she sent him emails only days after he became engaged to yoga instructor Hilaria Thomas.
Sabourin later spent a night in jail after she was accused of sending Thomas a Twitter message.
Baldwin and Thomas married and are expecting their first child together.
alec baldwin, stalking, trial, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 51 min ago
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 8 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 43 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 34 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
51 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
43 min ago