Adam Levine to receive BMI's pop President's Award
NEW YORK (AP) - April 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine for president? Sort of.
Broadcast Music Inc. announced Monday that Levine will receive the President's Award at the 61st annual BMI Pop Awards on May 14.
The event will be held at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif. It will also honor last year's top songwriters in pop.
BMI says the 34-year-old Levine was selected for his "outstanding achievements in songwriting and the global impact he has had on pop culture."
Maroon 5 has released four platinum-plus albums, including last year's "Overexposed." The album features hits including "Payphone," ''One More Night" and "Daylight."
Levine is also a coach on the hit NBC series "The Voice."
BMI is a music rights management company that represents more than 500,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids