Adam Levine to receive BMI's pop President's Award
NEW YORK (AP) - April 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine for president? Sort of.
Broadcast Music Inc. announced Monday that Levine will receive the President's Award at the 61st annual BMI Pop Awards on May 14.
The event will be held at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif. It will also honor last year's top songwriters in pop.
BMI says the 34-year-old Levine was selected for his "outstanding achievements in songwriting and the global impact he has had on pop culture."
Maroon 5 has released four platinum-plus albums, including last year's "Overexposed." The album features hits including "Payphone," ''One More Night" and "Daylight."
Levine is also a coach on the hit NBC series "The Voice."
BMI is a music rights management company that represents more than 500,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro