Kim Kardashian arrives for key divorce hearing
LOS ANGELES (AP) - April 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Kim Kardashian appeared in court Friday for a hearing aimed at settling her divorce case from NBA player Kris Humphries.
The reality star sat in the jury box, hands crossed on her lap, as the case was called. A judge sealed the proceedings, citing rules mandating confidentiality for divorce settlement discussions.
If an agreement cannot be reached, a public trial on the couple's marriage is schedule to begin on May 6. Humphries, who is seeking an annulment based on his claim the pair's 72-day marriage was fraudulent, did not appear in court but was represented by three attorneys.
The "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" star arrived under heavy security and was brought into the courtroom through a back entrance. Her hair was tied back in a ponytail and she kept her hands crossed on her lap while she listened to Judge Hank Goldberg explain to reporters that the hearing would be closed.
"I always wanted to be a juror," she joked to deputies before taking her seat.
Kardashian and Humphries are both expected to testify at the trial, which will focus on their relationship and whether elements of it were staged for the show "Keeping Up With the Kardashians."
The Brooklyn Nets power forward has not yet laid out his specifics to support his fraud claim. He claims the marriage should be annulled because Kardashian only married him because of her reality show.
Kardashian is expecting a child with boyfriend Kanye West later this year. Kardashian, wearing white pants and a long gray jacket, was not accompanied by her sisters or West to court.
Kourtney Kardashian and Khloe Kardashian are not on their sister's proposed witness list, but their mother, Kris Humphries, will likely testify about the pair's relationship. Humphries has not yet filed his witness list for the trial, which is expected to last a week.
kim kardashian, kanye west, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death 28 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos