Comedian, Philadelphia native Kevin Hart arrested on suspicion of DUI
LOS ANGELES (AP) - April 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say comedian Kevin Hart was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving after his black Mercedes nearly collided with a tanker truck on a Southern California freeway.
California Highway Patrol Officer Ed Jacobs says Hart appeared intoxicated when he was pulled over before dawn Sunday on Highway 101 in Los Angeles.
Hart failed a field sobriety test and was booked for misdemeanor DUI. He was released Sunday afternoon after payment of a $5,000 bond.
Jacobs says the Mercedes was being driven erratically at over 90 mph and nearly slammed into a gas tanker.
A female passenger in Hart's car was sent home in a taxi.
Hart starred in the 2011 stand-up special "Laugh At My Pain" and has appeared in TV's "Undeclared" and in several movies.
A call to a spokesperson for Hart was not immediately returned.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed