Ozzy Osbourne denies marriage split rumors
LONDON (AP) - April 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Rocker Ozzy Osbourne has denied rumors of a split from his wife Sharon and apologized to his family for returning to drink and drugs.
The former Black Sabbath singer says he was in a "dark place" but has been sober for 44 days.
In a message posted Tuesday on his Facebook page, 64-year-old Osbourne said that "for the last year and a half I have been drinking and taking drugs."
He said "I was in a very dark place" and apologized for his "insane behavior."
Osbourne added: "Just to set the record straight, Sharon and I are not divorcing."
The couple and their children, Jack and Kelly, became reality TV stars a decade ago with MTV series "The Osbournes."
Sharon Osbourne was later a judge on "America's Got Talent."
marriage, divorce, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 23 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
6 min ago