Flavor Flav has Hall ceremony, court date conflict
LAS VEGAS (AP) - April 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Flavor Flav has a scheduling conflict between a court date in Las Vegas and his induction with the rap group Public Enemy into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
The 54-year-old former rap and reality TV star is due for arraignment Thursday on felony charges that he chased and threatened his longtime girlfriend's 17-year-old son with a butcher knife during an argument.
The Hall of Fame's induction ceremony is also taking place Thursday, in Los Angeles.
Defense attorney Tony Abbatangelo has already asked a judge for a different arraignment date for his client, whose legal name is William Jonathan Drayton Jr.
Drayton faces felony assault with a weapon and child endangerment charges and a misdemeanor domestic violence battery charge.
Abbatangelo has said Drayton will plead not guilty.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs