Al Michaels arrested for alleged DUI in Calif.
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (AP) - April 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Southern California say that NBC Sports announcer Al Michaels has been arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.
Santa Monica police Sgt. Thomas McLaughlin says Michaels was taken into custody Friday night. McLaughlin could provide no additional details.
Greg Hughes, a spokesman for NBC Sports, says the company "is aware of the situation" and has been in contact with Michaels. Hughes had no further comment.
A call Sunday by The Associated Press to Michaels' agent was not immediately returned.
An Emmy Award winner and broadcaster on "Sunday Night Football," the 68-year-old Michaels spent nearly three decades at ABC Sports before moving to NBC in the 2007.
Michaels worked NFL games and other sports for ABC, and called "Monday Night Football" for nearly 20 years. He also is known for his call of the U.S.-Soviet Union "Miracle on Ice" game at the 1980 Winter Olympics.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book