Reese Witherspoon 'embarrassed' by arrest; hearing set
ATLANTA (AP) - April 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- A court hearing on a disorderly conduct charge is scheduled for actress Reese Witherspoon, who said she's "deeply embarrassed" by what she said to a state trooper during a traffic stop in Atlanta.
Atlanta Municipal Court records show Witherspoon's case was scheduled for a Monday morning hearing. She was arrested Friday.
The Oscar-winning actress released a statement late Sunday apologizing for her behavior to police when her husband, Hollywood agent Jim Toth, was arrested and accused of driving under the influence of alcohol.
"Do you know my name?" Witherspoon is quoted as saying in a state trooper's report. She also said: "You're about to find out who I am," according to the report.
The actress isn't required to appear at the hearing. She was in New York on Sunday night.
atlanta, DUI, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Missing boy struck by car 6 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013 25 min ago