Reese Witherspoon 'embarrassed' by arrest; hearing set
ATLANTA (AP) - April 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- A court hearing on a disorderly conduct charge is scheduled for actress Reese Witherspoon, who said she's "deeply embarrassed" by what she said to a state trooper during a traffic stop in Atlanta.
Atlanta Municipal Court records show Witherspoon's case was scheduled for a Monday morning hearing. She was arrested Friday.
The Oscar-winning actress released a statement late Sunday apologizing for her behavior to police when her husband, Hollywood agent Jim Toth, was arrested and accused of driving under the influence of alcohol.
"Do you know my name?" Witherspoon is quoted as saying in a state trooper's report. She also said: "You're about to find out who I am," according to the report.
The actress isn't required to appear at the hearing. She was in New York on Sunday night.
atlanta, DUI, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 36 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean 12 min ago
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 24 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
16 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
36 min ago