Reese Witherspoon 'embarrassed' by arrest; hearing set
ATLANTA (AP) - April 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- A court hearing on a disorderly conduct charge is scheduled for actress Reese Witherspoon, who said she's "deeply embarrassed" by what she said to a state trooper during a traffic stop in Atlanta.
Atlanta Municipal Court records show Witherspoon's case was scheduled for a Monday morning hearing. She was arrested Friday.
The Oscar-winning actress released a statement late Sunday apologizing for her behavior to police when her husband, Hollywood agent Jim Toth, was arrested and accused of driving under the influence of alcohol.
"Do you know my name?" Witherspoon is quoted as saying in a state trooper's report. She also said: "You're about to find out who I am," according to the report.
The actress isn't required to appear at the hearing. She was in New York on Sunday night.
atlanta, DUI, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 31 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball