Reese Witherspoon 'embarrassed' by arrest; hearing set
ATLANTA (AP) - April 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- A court hearing on a disorderly conduct charge is scheduled for actress Reese Witherspoon, who said she's "deeply embarrassed" by what she said to a state trooper during a traffic stop in Atlanta.
Atlanta Municipal Court records show Witherspoon's case was scheduled for a Monday morning hearing. She was arrested Friday.
The Oscar-winning actress released a statement late Sunday apologizing for her behavior to police when her husband, Hollywood agent Jim Toth, was arrested and accused of driving under the influence of alcohol.
"Do you know my name?" Witherspoon is quoted as saying in a state trooper's report. She also said: "You're about to find out who I am," according to the report.
The actress isn't required to appear at the hearing. She was in New York on Sunday night.
atlanta, DUI, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 55 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 53 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
- Freeze Warning overnight
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos