Reese Witherspoon 'embarrassed' by arrest; hearing set
ATLANTA (AP) - April 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- A court hearing on a disorderly conduct charge is scheduled for actress Reese Witherspoon, who said she's "deeply embarrassed" by what she said to a state trooper during a traffic stop in Atlanta.
Atlanta Municipal Court records show Witherspoon's case was scheduled for a Monday morning hearing. She was arrested Friday.
The Oscar-winning actress released a statement late Sunday apologizing for her behavior to police when her husband, Hollywood agent Jim Toth, was arrested and accused of driving under the influence of alcohol.
"Do you know my name?" Witherspoon is quoted as saying in a state trooper's report. She also said: "You're about to find out who I am," according to the report.
The actress isn't required to appear at the hearing. She was in New York on Sunday night.
atlanta, DUI, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 49 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th 58 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft 51 min ago
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags
- Charges filed in alleged chop shop raid in N. Phila. 52 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash 1 min ago
- Police question suspect in Christmas...
51 min ago