Nicole Kidman and Ang Lee join starry Cannes jury
PARIS (AP) - April 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Cannes Film Festival announced its most Hollywood-heavy jury lineup in years Wednesday, with a list that includes Oscar winners Nicole Kidman, Christoph Waltz and Ang Lee.
Hollywood veteran Steven Spielberg will lead 2013's jury that will also include Romanian director Cristian Mungiu, who won the festival's prize for best screenplay in 2012 for "Beyond The Hills"; French actor Daniel Auteuil; Indian actress Vidya Balan; Scottish director Lynne Ramsay; and Japanese director Naomi Kawase.
They'll decide which of the 19 films in competition will win the coveted Palme d'Or award, the French Riviera festival's top accolade. The prize will be awarded on May 26.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 1 min ago
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 17 min ago
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 2 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 21 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
2 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N....
21 min ago