Film director Scorsese's daughter files lawsuit
NEW YORK (AP) - April 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- The daughter of film director Martin Scorsese has filed a lawsuit claiming an online video company cut her out of profits from her directorial debut.
Catherine Scorsese filed the suit in Manhattan federal court on Wednesday.
The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages from Jumpview Entertainment and its owners Michael Simon and Kenneth Waddell.
Scorsese says she was asked to co-produce and co-direct the film. She says she even got her father and actor Ray Liotta to appear in the film.
Scorsese says Simon and Waddell failed to honor the 25 percent of the film profits they promised her.
Jumpview didn't return requests for comment.
lawsuit, new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 28 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 40 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 13 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 4 min ago
- Officials: Feb. pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 25 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 13 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
5 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
40 min ago