Film director Scorsese's daughter files lawsuit
NEW YORK (AP) - April 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- The daughter of film director Martin Scorsese has filed a lawsuit claiming an online video company cut her out of profits from her directorial debut.
Catherine Scorsese filed the suit in Manhattan federal court on Wednesday.
The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages from Jumpview Entertainment and its owners Michael Simon and Kenneth Waddell.
Scorsese says she was asked to co-produce and co-direct the film. She says she even got her father and actor Ray Liotta to appear in the film.
Scorsese says Simon and Waddell failed to honor the 25 percent of the film profits they promised her.
Jumpview didn't return requests for comment.
lawsuit, new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 40 homes threatened in NJ forest fire 12 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts 3 min ago
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos