Film director Scorsese's daughter files lawsuit
NEW YORK (AP) - April 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- The daughter of film director Martin Scorsese has filed a lawsuit claiming an online video company cut her out of profits from her directorial debut.
Catherine Scorsese filed the suit in Manhattan federal court on Wednesday.
The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages from Jumpview Entertainment and its owners Michael Simon and Kenneth Waddell.
Scorsese says she was asked to co-produce and co-direct the film. She says she even got her father and actor Ray Liotta to appear in the film.
Scorsese says Simon and Waddell failed to honor the 25 percent of the film profits they promised her.
Jumpview didn't return requests for comment.
lawsuit, new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking 35 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 42 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover 53 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
35 min ago