'The Young and the Restless' top Emmy nods
NEW YORK (AP) - May 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- CBS' soap "The Young and the Restless" has a leading 23 Daytime Emmy nominations, followed by ABC rival "General Hospital" with 19.
Nominations for the 40th annual Daytime Emmy awards were announced on Wednesday morning. The award ceremony will be held June 16 in Beverly Hills, Calif., televised for the second year on the cable network HLN.
PBS' venerable children's show "Sesame Street" and the NBC soap opera "Days of Our Lives" both earned 17 nominations.
The television academy said it will honor two game show pioneers with lifetime achievement awards: Monty Hall of "Let's Make a Deal" and Bob Stewart of "To Tell the Truth" and "Password."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Missing boy struck by car
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting