'The Young and the Restless' top Emmy nods
NEW YORK (AP) - May 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- CBS' soap "The Young and the Restless" has a leading 23 Daytime Emmy nominations, followed by ABC rival "General Hospital" with 19.
Nominations for the 40th annual Daytime Emmy awards were announced on Wednesday morning. The award ceremony will be held June 16 in Beverly Hills, Calif., televised for the second year on the cable network HLN.
PBS' venerable children's show "Sesame Street" and the NBC soap opera "Days of Our Lives" both earned 17 nominations.
The television academy said it will honor two game show pioneers with lifetime achievement awards: Monty Hall of "Let's Make a Deal" and Bob Stewart of "To Tell the Truth" and "Password."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police