Keith Richards: I don't own an iPod
NEW YORK (AP) - May 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- He's rock royalty and likes to keep it old-school: Keith Richards says he doesn't own an iPod.
The Rolling Stones guitarist says he isn't a fan of the ultra-popular music device.
"I don't have an iPod. ... I still use CDs or records actually. Sometimes cassettes. It has much better sound; a much better sound than digital," he said in a recent interview.
The 69-year-old believes music lovers are "all being shortchanged" with the sound that comes out of an iPod, launched in 2001.
"My old lady's got one. My kids have got them. I say, 'Look me up this.' Or, 'Oh I like that. Check me that,'" he said. "I know what these things can do. I'm not totally anti-them."
The Rolling Stones' "50 & Counting Tour" kicks off Friday in Los Angeles. The Stones released their self-titled debut in 1964, and while Richards has accepted that the music industry is digitally driven today, he's not completely OK with it.
"They're sucked into it and they can't get out of it, nor can we; so is the public," he said. "There's something missing there, but it's the price of the future I guess."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 22 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 1 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 51 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice 9 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos