Mayer, Lovato, Ne-Yo, join The Roots for Wawa Welcome America
PHILADELPHIA - May 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- The city's annual Independence Day concert will feature John Mayer, Ne-Yo, Demi Lovato and J. Cole along with hometown hosts The Roots.
The "Welcome America!" festival, sponsored by convenience store chain Wawa, will run July 1-7. Organizers call it the biggest Fourth of July event in the nation, with more than a million people attending each year.
A daylong party on Benjamin Franklin Parkway starts at noon on July Fourth. The Roots, the house band for "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon," will also perform at the evening concert that culminates with a fireworks show over The Philadelphia Museum of Art.
Other performers will include Philadelphia-born singer Jill Scott, as well as Grace Potter and Ben Taylor.
English singer-songwriter Marsha Ambrosius, formerly of Floetry, will headline the Taste of Philadelphia festival held July 5-7.
Online: Welcome America website
john mayer, wawa, welcome america, demi lovato, ne yo, jill scott, the roots, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!