2014 Grammys to be held Jan. 26 in Los Angeles
NEW YORK (AP) - May 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- If you're a fan of the Grammy Awards, you can mark your calendar for Jan. 26, 2014, and Feb. 8, 2015.
The Recording Academy and CBS announced the dates Monday. The 2014 event will be held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Both shows will air live on CBS.
This year's awards show was seen by 28.4 million people, the second-largest audience for the program since 1993, according to the Nielsen company.
Last year, 39.9 million people tuned in to see how the industry would react to Whitney Houston's death just before the awards and celebrate the coronation of its hottest star, Adele, who won six Grammys.
This year's show featured the musical return of Justin Timberlake, collaborations honoring Bob Marley and Levon Helm, and performances by the majority of stars up for major awards.
The Grammy Awards are billed as "music's biggest night."
grammy awards, los angeles, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 2 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend! 33 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 22 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting 27 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 38 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
33 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
2 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
22 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton...
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos