Mummified body of Chicana author found in NM home
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) - May 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 70-year-old woman whose mummified body was recently found in her Santa Fe apartment was a Chicana activist, teacher and author.
Police say the decomposed remains of Barbara Salinas-Norman were discovered last week. Authorities say she may have been dead more than a year.
The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that Salinas-Norman founded and ran a publishing company called Pinata Publications and was the author of "Los Tres Cerdos: Nacho, Tito and Miguel" - her version of "The Three Little Pigs."
She also was a bilingual teacher in the Oakland, Calif., public schools in the 1980s.
Her body was discovered by a brother-in-law who said that he had become concerned because he hadn't heard from her for a long time.
new mexico, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Snow today, heavy at times 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm 25 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 10 min ago
- Pa. Lottery experiencing outages due to weather
- Video: David Henry's noon report from Rittenhouse... 49 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott's noon report from Delaware 51 min ago
- Video: John Rawlins' noon report from E. Norriton 51 min ago
- Video: Nora Muchanic's noon report from Trenton
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp. crash
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Snow today, heavy at times
18 min ago
- David Henry's noon report from Rittenhouse...
49 min ago
- Katherine Scott's noon report from Delaware
51 min ago