Protesters picket Barbie-themed house in Berlin
BERLIN (AP) - May 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- It probably wasn't the reception Barbie was hoping for at the start of her European tour.
Feminist protesters burned a doll on a cross and left-wing demonstrators shouted "pink stinks" at the Berlin opening of a life-sized Barbie house Thursday.They far outnumbered Barbie fans who came to see the Mattel toy's fictional Malibu home.
Security guards swiftly ejected the protesters from the site, which is tucked away behind socialist high rises, railroad tracks and a shopping center near the city's gritty Alexanderplatz.
The "Barbie Dreamhouse" in Berlin is the second such theme house after a similar one opened recently in Florida.
It will remain in the German capital until August before going on tour around Europe.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 13 min ago
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Parts of Christiana Mall lose power 1 min ago
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Camden man accused of robbing 5 banks in 1 month
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Bedbug fighter recalled over fire hazard