Protesters picket Barbie-themed house in Berlin
BERLIN (AP) - May 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- It probably wasn't the reception Barbie was hoping for at the start of her European tour.
Feminist protesters burned a doll on a cross and left-wing demonstrators shouted "pink stinks" at the Berlin opening of a life-sized Barbie house Thursday.They far outnumbered Barbie fans who came to see the Mattel toy's fictional Malibu home.
Security guards swiftly ejected the protesters from the site, which is tucked away behind socialist high rises, railroad tracks and a shopping center near the city's gritty Alexanderplatz.
The "Barbie Dreamhouse" in Berlin is the second such theme house after a similar one opened recently in Florida.
It will remain in the German capital until August before going on tour around Europe.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend! 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro 11 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Suspect sketch in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 27 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos