Boy band One Direction: World tour next year
LONDON (AP) - May 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Hit boy band One Direction has announced plans for an ambitious world tour in 2014.
Plans call for the youthful chart-toppers to play major stadiums in Latin America, Britain and Ireland during the first leg of the mega-tour that begins in April.
U.S. dates are expected to be announced later.
The band announced the "Where We Are Tour" at London's Wembley Stadium, one of five venues they will play at in the U.K. and Ireland once the tour begins.
Band member Harry Styles said the idea of playing at Wembley "is incredible" and that the group is "very excited."
The U.K.-based band had for several days been dropping hints on various official Twitter pages indicating that a major announcement was planned.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Missing boy struck by car
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- No cheer uniforms for North Philadelphia Aztec squad
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting