Travis sues to block DWI patrol car video release
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - May 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Country star Randy Travis has filed a lawsuit to prevent two state agencies from releasing a patrol car video of his 2012 DWI arrest in North Texas.
The Austin American-Statesman reported Thursday that the lawsuit filed in Austin names the Texas Department of Public Safety and the state attorney general's office.
Travis pleaded guilty in January to driving while intoxicated. A judge sentenced him to two years' probation and ordered a 180-day suspended jail term.
The judge also granted a defense motion asking that the arrest video not be made public.
Media groups have requested the video from DPS. The AG's office ruled May 3 that the judge doesn't have discretion to bar the video's release.
DPS and the AG's office didn't respond to requests for comment early Friday.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 32 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 56 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ