Singer Kellie Pickler named new 'Dancing with the Stars' champ
LOS ANGELES - May 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Kellie Pickler came into the final "Dancing With the Stars" episode in second place but finished in first.
The 26-year-old country singer won the show's mirrorball trophy Tuesday.
Pickler and her professional partner, Derek Hough, earned two sets of perfect scores Monday night and another on Tuesday. Judges' scores combined with viewer votes determine the winner.
Because there were problems Monday with voting on the ABC website during the show's East Coast broadcast, host Tom Bergeron said Tuesday those votes weren't counted. Only votes cast by phone, text and Facebook factored into the final count.
Teen Disney Channel star Zendaya came in second place. Football pro Jacoby Jones finished third. Fellow finalist Alexandra Raisman was axed at the beginning of Tuesday's episode.
dancing with the stars, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?