Actress Bynes arrested in NYC on marijuana charge
NEW YORK - May 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say actress Amanda Bynes has been arrested in midtown Manhattan after she heaved a marijuana bong out of a window.
It happened at an apartment building on West 47th Street at about 7:40 p.m. Thursday.
Police say a building official called police to complain that Bynes was smoking marijuana and rolling a joint in the building's lobby.
The officers went to Bynes' apartment where they saw heavy smoke and a bong, which Bynes then threw out the window in front of the officers.
Bynes was arrested on charges of reckless endangerment, tampering with evidence, and criminal possession of marijuana. It wasn't clear if she had a lawyer.
Bynes rose to fame starring in Nickelodeon's "All That" and has also starred in several films, including 2010's "Easy A."
new york, new york city, marijuana, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book