McCartney leaves pick on 1st visit to Graceland
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - May 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Paul McCartney made his first visit to the one-time home of the King of Rock 'N' Roll and left a gift behind.
According to the official Twitter account of the former Beatle, McCartney dropped a personal guitar pick on Elvis Presley's grave and said it was "so Elvis can play in heaven."
The lifelong Elvis fan toured Graceland, the Memphis mansion, on Sunday.
He was in Memphis to play a show on the North American leg of his "Out There" tour.
The show at FedExForum marked McCartney's first visit to the city in two decades.
paul mccartney, tennessee, elvis presley, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police