Winfrey calls Ripa and Strahan talk-show royalty
NEW YORK (AP) - May 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Oprah Winfrey doesn't have a daily talk show anymore. But two years after abdicating her throne, the former talk-show queen is clear who she thinks now wear the crowns: Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan.
Winfrey declared the co-hosts "the reigning king and queen" during a surprise appearance on Tuesday's "Live with Kelly and Michael."
Winfrey, who now runs the OWN cable network, where she appears on-camera on a less-frequent basis, insisted she doesn't miss the daily talk-show grind.
She was brought on "Live," unannounced, by guest Tyler Perry. He is now producing shows for her network. Perry's new drama, "The Haves and the Have Nots," was scheduled to premiere Tuesday night. His new comedy, "Love Thy Neighbor," debuts Wednesday.
oprah winfrey, kelly ripa, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 52 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 20 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 6 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 12 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 43 min ago