Winfrey calls Ripa and Strahan talk-show royalty
NEW YORK (AP) - May 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Oprah Winfrey doesn't have a daily talk show anymore. But two years after abdicating her throne, the former talk-show queen is clear who she thinks now wear the crowns: Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan.
Winfrey declared the co-hosts "the reigning king and queen" during a surprise appearance on Tuesday's "Live with Kelly and Michael."
Winfrey, who now runs the OWN cable network, where she appears on-camera on a less-frequent basis, insisted she doesn't miss the daily talk-show grind.
She was brought on "Live," unannounced, by guest Tyler Perry. He is now producing shows for her network. Perry's new drama, "The Haves and the Have Nots," was scheduled to premiere Tuesday night. His new comedy, "Love Thy Neighbor," debuts Wednesday.
oprah winfrey, kelly ripa, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911 46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos