Winfrey calls Ripa and Strahan talk-show royalty
NEW YORK (AP) - May 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Oprah Winfrey doesn't have a daily talk show anymore. But two years after abdicating her throne, the former talk-show queen is clear who she thinks now wear the crowns: Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan.
Winfrey declared the co-hosts "the reigning king and queen" during a surprise appearance on Tuesday's "Live with Kelly and Michael."
Winfrey, who now runs the OWN cable network, where she appears on-camera on a less-frequent basis, insisted she doesn't miss the daily talk-show grind.
She was brought on "Live," unannounced, by guest Tyler Perry. He is now producing shows for her network. Perry's new drama, "The Haves and the Have Nots," was scheduled to premiere Tuesday night. His new comedy, "Love Thy Neighbor," debuts Wednesday.
oprah winfrey, kelly ripa, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 21 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Video: President Obama impersonator meets the real... 44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos