Placido Domingo may cancel more shows
MADRID (AP) - July 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- The son of legendary opera singer Placido Domingo says his 72-year-old father may have to cancel some more performances following his admission to a Madrid hospital with a lung artery blockage, but that he has absolutely no plans to retire.
Alvaro Domingo said Thursday he expects the Spanish tenor to be released in the next three or four days but will then need to recuperate for three weeks in Madrid. He said singing was among the activities doctors had asked his father to refrain from while recovering.
Domingo canceled six dates in Madrid this month after being admitted to the hospital Monday. He is due to resume performing in Salzburg, Austria next month but his son said that may change.
Doctors say a blood clot caused the pulmonary embolism.
music, spain, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ