Placido Domingo may cancel more shows
MADRID (AP) - July 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- The son of legendary opera singer Placido Domingo says his 72-year-old father may have to cancel some more performances following his admission to a Madrid hospital with a lung artery blockage, but that he has absolutely no plans to retire.
Alvaro Domingo said Thursday he expects the Spanish tenor to be released in the next three or four days but will then need to recuperate for three weeks in Madrid. He said singing was among the activities doctors had asked his father to refrain from while recovering.
Domingo canceled six dates in Madrid this month after being admitted to the hospital Monday. He is due to resume performing in Salzburg, Austria next month but his son said that may change.
Doctors say a blood clot caused the pulmonary embolism.
music, spain, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 2 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 31 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 29 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 51 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
- Freeze Warning overnight
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos