AP source: Bruno Mars' mother dies at age 55
NEW YORK (AP) - June 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- The mother of Grammy-winning pop star Bruno Mars has died in Hawaii.
Bernadette Hernandez died Saturday of a brain aneurysm, according to a publicist for Mars' label, Atlantic Records, who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the person was not authorized to speak on the record.
Hernandez was 55 years old. She died in Honolulu at Queens Medical Center; no other information was given.
Mars is one of pop's top acts with several No. 1 hits including his most recent, "When I Was Your Man." His mother, a hula dancer and a singer who immigrated from the Philippines, nurtured her son's interest in music at an early age.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler! 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash 2 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 21 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
31 min ago