Rep: Michael Douglas didn't blame sex for cancer
LONDON (AP) - June 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- A representative for actor Michael Douglas now says the actor doesn't blame his throat cancer on oral sex.
The Guardian newspaper published an interview Monday saying that Douglas attributed his illness to the HPV virus from oral sex. When asked about his cancer, Douglas said "without wanting to get too specific, this particular cancer is caused by HPV (human papillomavirus), which actually comes from cunnilingus."
But spokesman Allen Burry said later that Douglas never said that was the cause of his cancer. He said Douglas was discussing what causes oral cancer during the interview.
Health officials say smoking and alcohol are the main causes of oral cancer. The human papillomavirus, however, has been linked to one kind of throat cancer.
cancer, sex, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 7 min ago
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death 30 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman 48 min ago
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden 58 min ago
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station 31 min ago
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 11 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Police: Camden Man robbed 5 banks in 1 month 8 min ago
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro