Mayor: Prince Charles buys 4th Romanian property
BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) - June 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- An official says Britain's Prince Charles has bought a fourth property in Romania while on a visit.
President Traian Basescu joked that the prince is so enamored of the country's Transylvania region that he will soon own a whole village. Basescu met Charles Monday in Bucharest.
Charles has a well-documented love for Transylvania, which he visits yearly and where he owns several properties. He says he is a descendant of Vlad the Impaler, the bloodthirsty 15th-century prince who inspired the Dracula novel.
Charles arrived in Romania Thursday and stayed on his estate in Valea Zalanului, where bears and wolves roam the hills. Mayor Jozsef Kasleder said Monday that Charles bought a new cottage there.
Some farmers paraded horses outside his estate, saying they hoped to sell them to the prince.
prince charles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police