Mayor: Prince Charles buys 4th Romanian property
BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) - June 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- An official says Britain's Prince Charles has bought a fourth property in Romania while on a visit.
President Traian Basescu joked that the prince is so enamored of the country's Transylvania region that he will soon own a whole village. Basescu met Charles Monday in Bucharest.
Charles has a well-documented love for Transylvania, which he visits yearly and where he owns several properties. He says he is a descendant of Vlad the Impaler, the bloodthirsty 15th-century prince who inspired the Dracula novel.
Charles arrived in Romania Thursday and stayed on his estate in Valea Zalanului, where bears and wolves roam the hills. Mayor Jozsef Kasleder said Monday that Charles bought a new cottage there.
Some farmers paraded horses outside his estate, saying they hoped to sell them to the prince.
prince charles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 21 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 27 min ago
- Person possibly struck by train in Center City 10 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 56 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice 43 min ago
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos