Russia wants Seagal to be face of weapons industry
MOSCOW (AP) - June 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Russia is looking at Steven Seagal to be the face of its weapons industry as it guns for first place on the world arms market.
Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said the action movie star may head up an international marketing campaign to promote the Degtarev arms plant, Russian news agencies reported. He accompanied Seagal on a visit there Tuesday.
"You're ready to fight American (manufacturers) with your teeth and your intellect, and if Americans are prepared to promote and support you, that says we're learning new ways to work on corporate warfare markets," Rogozin said.
Russian officials are big fans of Seagal, who met President Vladimir Putin in March and claimed to have set up a meeting with Rogozin for a Congressional delegation last week.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 17 min ago
- Temps Soar 33 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 20 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 35 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 37 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 27 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
33 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
17 min ago