Barry Manilow joins star lineup for July 4th in Washington, D.C.
WASHINGTON (AP) - June 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Barry Manilow will join stars from Broadway, "American Idol" and composer John Williams for this year's July Fourth celebration on the National Mall.
Darren Criss from "Glee," Megan Hilty from "Smash" and the cast of Broadway's "Motown The Musical" will perform during "A Capitol Fourth." Tom Bergeron from "Dancing With the Stars" will host the show.
The newest "American Idol," Candice Glover, will perform, along with country singer Scotty McCreery, the Season 10 champ. McCreery went on to become the youngest male to enter the Billboard 200 at No. 1.
Williams will conduct music from the Oscar-winning film "Lincoln" with the National Symphony Orchestra.
The Independence Day concert and fireworks draw hundreds of thousands of visitors. It's broadcast each year on PBS and NPR from 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
july fourth, washington, d.c., entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused sex with student 4 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 21 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar