Nintendo focuses on games at E3 with new 'Mario'
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- It's all about the games for Nintendo.
The Japanese gaming giant opted to showcase five games for its Wii U system at a brief Monday presentation at its booth instead of host a flashy presentation at the Electronic Entertainment Expo, the gaming industry's annual trade show.
Nintendo showed off the anti-gravity racer "Mario Kart 8," 2D platformer "Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze," 3D platformer "Super Mario 3D World," action sequel "Bayonetta 2" and a speedier rendition of "The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker."
Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime says he wants E3 attendees to focus on playing games.
The company has struggled with the launch of the Wii U, which features an innovative tablet-like controller yet graphics on par with Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 36 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 11 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball