Soledad O'Brien joining HBO's 'Real Sports'
NEW YORK (AP) - June 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Soledad O'Brien is joining her former "Today" show colleague Bryant Gumbel at HBO's "Real Sports."
HBO said Wednesday that O'Brien will be a reporter on the monthly magazine show. Her first story, due later this month, is about war veterans who use martial arts to help them cope with post-traumatic stress disorder.
O'Brien most recently was a morning show host on CNN, but the news network has given the program an overhaul that will debut next week.
HBO also agreed to a deal with O'Brien's production company, Starfish Media Group.
O'Brien played college rugby, but her experience covering sports is limited.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 13 min ago
- Milder Monday 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 13 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 13 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 13 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Milder Monday
4 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
13 min ago