Downey Jr. calms boy upset at not seeing Iron Man
SUNDERLAND, Mass. (AP) -June 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Robert Downey Jr. may not be a real superhero, but he sure acted like one for a little Massachusetts boy.
Heather Denno took her 1½-year-old son Jaxson to watch filming for the movie "The Judge," starring Downey, in her hometown of Sunderland this week.
Downey, star of the "Iron Man" movies, spotted the little boy and went over to say hello.
Heather Denno told Jaxson that Downey was "Iron Man."
Confused because of the lack of the trademark metallic red and gold suit, Jaxson burst into tears.
The actor put a comforting hand on the boy and calmed him.
Heather Denno tells The Boston Globe that Downey was "sweet and nurturing," and she could tell he's a dad.
robert downey jr, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- Wintry Weekend 45 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Wintry Weekend
45 min ago