Downey Jr. calms boy upset at not seeing Iron Man
SUNDERLAND, Mass. (AP) -June 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Robert Downey Jr. may not be a real superhero, but he sure acted like one for a little Massachusetts boy.
Heather Denno took her 1½-year-old son Jaxson to watch filming for the movie "The Judge," starring Downey, in her hometown of Sunderland this week.
Downey, star of the "Iron Man" movies, spotted the little boy and went over to say hello.
Heather Denno told Jaxson that Downey was "Iron Man."
Confused because of the lack of the trademark metallic red and gold suit, Jaxson burst into tears.
The actor put a comforting hand on the boy and calmed him.
Heather Denno tells The Boston Globe that Downey was "sweet and nurturing," and she could tell he's a dad.
robert downey jr, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 30 min ago
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 14 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 33 min ago
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
14 min ago