Downey Jr. calms boy upset at not seeing Iron Man
SUNDERLAND, Mass. (AP) -June 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Robert Downey Jr. may not be a real superhero, but he sure acted like one for a little Massachusetts boy.
Heather Denno took her 1½-year-old son Jaxson to watch filming for the movie "The Judge," starring Downey, in her hometown of Sunderland this week.
Downey, star of the "Iron Man" movies, spotted the little boy and went over to say hello.
Heather Denno told Jaxson that Downey was "Iron Man."
Confused because of the lack of the trademark metallic red and gold suit, Jaxson burst into tears.
The actor put a comforting hand on the boy and calmed him.
Heather Denno tells The Boston Globe that Downey was "sweet and nurturing," and she could tell he's a dad.
robert downey jr, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 37 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos