Harry Connick Jr. writes song for Newtown victim
NEWTOWN, Conn. (AP) - June 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Harry Connick Jr. has written a song in honor of a 6-year-old girl killed in the Newtown school shooting
Connick this week released the song "Love Wins," dedicated to Ana Grace Marquez-Greene. He says proceeds will go to the Ana Grace Fund set up to help the girl's family.
Connick played with the girl's jazz saxophonist father, Jimmy Greene, and sang at the funeral for Ana, one of 20 first-graders and six adults killed in December at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
Greene is scheduled to receive the Governor's Arts Award at a ceremony Saturday at the International Festival for Arts and Ideas in New Haven.
Greene, an assistant professor at Western Connecticut State University, has released a series of critically acclaimed albums and received numerous honors.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 38 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 16 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 51 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop 43 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos