Miss Connecticut wins Miss USA contest
LAS VEGAS (AP) - June 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 25-year-old contestant from Connecticut won the title of Miss USA in Las Vegas on Sunday night.
Erin Brady won the beauty pageant at the Planet Hollywood hotel-casino after strutting in a white sparkly gown and answering a question about the U.S. Supreme Court's decision upholding widespread DNA tests. Asked if she agreed with the decision, Brady said she did.
Brady gets the crown and a New York apartment for one year.
She is expected to spend her title reign on a nationwide speaking tour and raising breast and ovarian cancer awareness, the organization's official cause.
Unlike the rival Miss America pageant, Miss USA does not ask its queens to perform a talent or choose a charity mission.
miss usa, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video 22 min ago
- Wet to Wintry! 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line 24 min ago
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon 33 min ago
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 23 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught...
22 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish...
24 min ago
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston...
33 min ago