Billy Ray Cyrus, wife of 19 years, getting divorce
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Billy Ray Cyrus' wife has filed for divorce from the country singer after 19 years of marriage.
Court records show Tish Finley Cyrus filed Thursday in Los Angeles, citing irreconcilable differences. She's seeking custody of their teenage child and spousal support.
It's the couple's second divorce attempt. Billy Ray Cyrus filed for divorce in 2010 but later withdrew the petition.
The couple issued a joint statement seeking privacy for their family. They say they want to find a resolution that's in the best interests of their family.
The two got married in December 1993 and have three children together, including actress-musician Miley Cyrus.
Billy Ray Cyrus rose to fame in 1992 with his song "Achy Breaky Heart."
Celebrity website TMZ first reported the divorce.
divorce, miley cyrus, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 5 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County 8 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 1 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 3 min ago
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos